From Zolta Barati <barat...@yahoo.com>
Subject syntax error in jspwiki.properties crashes whole container
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:29:52 GMT
Hello to all,

I use JSPWiki 2.6.1
on
Tomcat5.5.17
 JVM  1.5.0_07-b03

It Runs on some shared  environment
I experience an (i think) abnormal behavior:

	1. Log in via ftp to read and copy jspwiki.properties file to my PC to change it
	2. stop JSPWiki webapp with the Tomcat's manager webapp
	3. upload and overvrite via ftp to refresh  jspwiki.properties
	4. start JSPWiki webappUsually it works, but if there is a syntax error in jspwiki.properties
for example I put a line break  before the equatation mark like below:

It crashes the whole container including the manager app

{{{
jspwiki.interWikiRef.hu-wiktionary
=http://hu.wiktionary.org/wiki/%s
}}}

	*  Do you think I am right?
	*  Can you confirm this behavior?

It's a management difficulty to me because I have to e-mail or call the web hosting provider
to ask them to restart the container.
which takes time of course.

Thanks,

Zolta http://magyarul-tanulunk.brz.hu/
cheap, fast, high quality. Pick any two you like