From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: Maintenance Question
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 14:22:33 GMT
Are you talking about the server.log and boot.log that Tomcat creates?

"Duncan, Terry" <Terry.Duncan@53.com>
09/19/2008 10:03 AM
Please respond to
jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

<jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Maintenance Question

We run TOMCAT/Wiki on the mainframe and all of the files are stored in
HFS files on the mainframe.

Yesterday, we had a problem with the Wiki because the TOMCATDB file
structure got filled up.

We increased it, but I noticed that there are a lot of log files in
there.

Basically, each time you cycle the software, two different and new logs
are created.

Since we cycle every night (in order to get a good backup of HFS files),
there are 2 log files in that structure for every day and is what caused
us to fill up.

So.....

My question .....

Is there a way to automatically prune off the oldest log files ? Or does
that have to be done manually ?

Thanks !

Terry Duncan
Fifth Third Bank
Senior Systems Programmer
Mainframe Services
513-534-7014 (Phone)
513-534-6077 (Fax)
Maildrop: MD1090T7
Terry.Duncan@53.com

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may
be privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If
you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate
it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the
sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it
from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is
appreciated.