From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: CSS for IE?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 23:43:28 GMT
Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> Murray Altheim wrote:
>
>> I thought there used to be a feature that permitted a secondary
>> CSS stylesheet to be included for IE given that rendering is often
>> so different. I'm running into an IE-related problem but can't
>> find any documentation on whether this feature still exists, and
>> if so how to implement it.
>
> Google for "conditional comments" :-)

Hi Hassan,

Thanks for the reference. Being a bit of a standards wonk I thought
there was some standards-based way to do this, but in the interim
one of my co-workers pointed out the IE-hack solution, which is
likely what you're suggesting.

For those trying to solve this same issue, here's the markup I
added near the end of commonheader.jsp:

<!--[if IE]>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection,print"
      href="<wiki:Link format='url' templatefile='skins/' /><c:out value='${prefs.SkinName}/skin_ie.css'
/>" />
<![endif]-->

Then I added a 'skin_ie.css' file to my skins directory where I
am putting my IE-specific customizations.

While admittedly a hack I suppose at least it works.

While this is not exactly JSPWiki-related, it is in the sense that
I believe we *used* to have an IE solution included in the default
template, and there may be people out there (like me) looking for
the solution.

[Hassan in an offlist message noted the "definitive" Microsoft
source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537512.aspx ]

Cheers,

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record