From "Hans Glocke" <illusions2...@gmx.net>
Subject Using database
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:52:56 GMT
Hi,

i am currently using JSPWiki on a JBoss Server.

In addition I am running a second application on this server, too.
Now I am trying to make JSPWiki use the database of the other application to authorize users.

Thus I modified the "jspwiki.properties" in the following way:

first comment:
#jspwiki.userdatabase =com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.XMLUserDatabase

and then:
jspwiki.userdatabase = com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.JDBCUserDatabase
jspwiki.userdatabase.datasource = jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/MYDATABASE
jspwiki.userdatabase.table = MYUSERSTABLE
jspwiki.userdatabase.loginName = display_name
jspwiki.userdatabase.password = password

As my other application has no columns for email or fullname, I just let them out.

But this does not work.
Is there anything I forgot?

In addition here is the error, when I try to register a new user;
JSPWiki has detected an error

Error Message
    An unknown exception java.lang.NullPointerException was caught by Error.jsp.
Exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
Place where detected
    com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.user.JDBCUserDatabase.findByPreparedStatement(), line 701

Best regards