From "Dirk Frederickx" <dirk.frederi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CSS for IE?
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 13:33:55 GMT
The css stylesheets in JSPWiki mostly uses common css styling, usable
across most browser platforms.
Browser specific styles are avoided as much as possible.

However, in ''some'' cases, ie6/ie7 require specific treatment as
css-specs are not implemented always correctly.
Therefore, JSPWiki uses inline css-'hacks' to add specific ie6/ie7 rules.

For IE6 and lower:

/*ie6 hack*/
* html <css-selector> { <css-style defs> }

For IE7:

/*ie7 hack */
*:first-child+html <css-selector> { <css-style defs> }

(there are many more hacks, but these are the most simple and generic)

By using inline css browser-hacks, it's easy to see which style defs
are general and which need some browser tweeking.  And it also keeps
maintenance easy.

dirk