From "Jim Willeke" <...@willeke.com>
Subject Re: Adding memebers to groupdatabase.xml problem
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 11:42:41 GMT
We are using LDAP and have an attribute on the Users within LDAP to
implement the groups.

In out tomcat server.xml file:
			<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm" debug="10"
				connectionURL="ldap://192.168.x.x:389"
				alternateURL="ldap://192.168.xx.xx:389"
				userBase="ou=people,dc=willeke,dc=com"
				userSearch="(cn={0})"
				userSubtree="true"
				userRoleName="dictcrole"
				connectionName="cn=admin,ou=administration,dc=willeke,dc=com"
				connectionPassword="secret"

Then a typical user in LDAP:
dictcRole=manager
dictcRole=Authenticated
dictcRole=linux

Which represent the groups used within the Wiki.
(Ok we really use these same attributes for other apps too)

When a value is changed in LDAP, they are effective on the next login.
-jim