From Ronald Cole <rc...@usip.org>
Subject incorporating JSPWiki into our peace tool
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:12:38 GMT
Dear JSPWiki Community Member,

Here at the United States Institute of Peace we are working on a tool
to allow people to create online training simulations. It is an open
source tool, and I believe we will be incorporating the JSPWiki into
part of it.

Frequently in these simulations the players will need to be working
on a shared document. We could just tell them to save and refresh
often, and that 'who ever saves last wins' but it seems that given
the availability of wiki software that we can do better than that.

Players will log in to the web site where their simulation is
running, so I want to make this work for their authentication into
the wiki. (These are just training scenarios, so it is a low security
application.) Once they are in, and tab over to the page where the
shared document exists, I just want them to see a page where they can
edit, but acts kind of like a wiki: they will be able to see previous
versions, people won't be able to clobber each other's works, it will
have some sort of auto-refresh built into it, etc.

If you have any ideas or suggestions on this, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance,
Skip

Ronald "Skip" Cole
Senior Program Officer
United States Institute of Peace (http://www.usip.org)
(202)457-1700 ext 4717

"It should be our pride to teach ourselves as well as we can always
to speak and write as simply and clearly and unpretentiously as
possible, and to avoid like the plague the appearance of possessing
knowledge which is too deep to be clearly and simply expressed." --
Karl Popper