From Chris Mein <cdm...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: JBoss/MySQL combination - cannot create new users
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:23:24 GMT
Andrew

The timing couldn't be worse, my wife is expecting anytime now so I will be pressed to do
anything for the next while!

Adding MySQL (or Oracle) into the unit tests has the problem of the database needing to be
up. I guess having this as a optional test harness would be best. I wonder whether it would
be better to start the MySQL section by simply noting the differences with Oracle in the Wiki
documentation entry or creating a new page. If you would like me to do that I am quite happy
to as long as a default Wiki account can do that.

I would then perhaps add in the JIRA entry about this to change the default names of the Wiki
tables as they are named in the Oracle example (wiki_users, wiki_groups, etc.) Without doing
this you will always have different table names making things a little more fiddly and confusing
for a newcomer. Then maybe when appropriate that change along with adding Oracle and MySQL
scripts and tests could be released together.

Chris

----- Original Message ----
From: Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaquith@me.com>
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Friday, 1 August, 2008 2:20:49 PM
Subject: Re: JBoss/MySQL combination - cannot create new users

Chris --

Noting something about MySQL in the existing scripts won't help,
because JSPWiki doesn't actually have any scripts for MySQL yet! At
present, we just have scripts for HSQL and PostgreSQL.

Interested in adapting the existing scripts for MySQL? The existing
scripts are in the source tarball, in etc/db. If this is something you
choose to do, you should then make sure all of the Ant tests run ok
(at shell, type: "ant tests"), and attach the scripts to a new JIRA
issue. The Ant build.xml file and build.properties file both have tips
on how to run JDBC tests.

If you don't want to go through all that trouble, I'd ask you to
create a JIRA issue anyway -- that way it'll get fixed. Just maybe not
as fast as if we had a user contribution. :)

Thanks for chasing this down!

Andrew