From Mike Cirioli <m...@cirioli.net>
Subject Re: incorporating JSPWiki into our peace tool
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 16:17:49 GMT
The way I would look at it might be to treat the jspWiki code as an API
and rendering engine that you build your app around.  That lets you
control the UI and other things specific to your simulations, but still
retain the underlying power of the wiki, which you can use for rendering
whatever pages you need for each actor.  You could also layer your own
edit system on top that should help you avoid clobbering multiple
versions of an edit.  By submitting their edits to your application, you
will have the control to properly feed them into the wiki, maybe as
separate wiki pages using some sort of page name scheme for
identification.  When you display you would just concatenate all the
pages in a series and render them via the wiki, then use your app to
display the resulting string of rendered wiki text

-mike