From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Subversion provider: Page lost on renaming of pages with umlauts
Date Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:28:45 GMT

This is probably a Subversion problem, but maybe somebody has a solution...

With the Subversion provider, when you rename a page containing an umlaut in
the name (e.g. ü, u with two dots above), the page is no longer accessible
(JSPWiki runs on UTF-8).

When I try to rename Blöd to Blüd (first two dots on an o, second on a u),
the Subversion provider throws an exception which is the same as the one the
svn command line says:

Path 'http://elisa/svn/wikitest/jspwiki/Bl%C3%B6d.txt' not found

The file not found is the original one.

>From the svn command line it looks like this (svnkit changed the "Blöd" page
name to
Bl%C3%B6d.txt)

$ svn --verbose list http://elisa/svn/wikitest/jspwiki|grep Bl
  4309 jspwiki             7 Aug 29 18:12 Bl%C3%B6d.txt
$ svn copy http://elisa/svn/wikitest/jspwiki/Bl%C3%B6d.txt .
svn: Path 'http://elisa/svn/wikitest/jspwiki/Bl%C3%B6d.txt' not found
in revision 4309

Strange.

When I access the repository with a browser I can access the file as

http://elisa/svn/wikitest/jspwiki/Bl%25C3%25B6d.txt

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Juergen
who still thinks the Subversion provider should go into JSPWiki core.