From "Bob Paige" <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject create a new page from a template?
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:02:53 GMT
Jann,

Is there some way to create a new page from a template? I've discovered how
to set a small amount of text in the new page by appending it to the URL,
but a more versatile approach would be great.

I'm thinking something like
http://localhost:8080/trivinwiki/Edit.jsp?page=MyNewPage&template=NameOfTemplatePage

Could page filters do the trick? Are page filters called before the editor
is displayed for new pages? Then I could look for some parameter on the URL
to determine which page I should return as the template.

I tried stepping through the debugger and it doesn't look like filters can
be used in this way, but I thought I'd ask.

--
Bobman