From "Bob Paige" <bobpa...@gmail.com>
Subject aliases?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 19:35:30 GMT
I also use TiddlyWiki (a local Wiki, as opposed to server-based Wikis like
JSPWiki) and one interesting plugin it supports is called 'aliasPlugin'.
Clearly, JSPWiki isn't going to support the same plugin, but I wonder if the
same functionality is available or even possible.

AliasPlugin is a type of marco feature that allows you to define new plugins
on the fly. For example, I might define an alias called 'google' with a
value of "http://www.google.com/search?q=$1". Thus, whenever I put in the
wiki markup "<<google jspwiki>>" (which is how you call a plugin in
TiddlyWiki) it will insert "http://www.google.com/search?q=jspwiki". This
also works with wiki markup; I could use the aliasPlugin to insert wiki
markup which is then interpreted by the wiki engine.

As I work on the wiki for my work, I find myself putting the same footers on
many pages, for example:
----
!!!Pages referencing me
[{ReferringPagesPlugin}]

It would be useful to define a macro that would resolve as this text,
allowing me to redefine this footer without having to re-edit all the pages
that use it.

Does such a beast exist? If not, any leads on how to write it?

--
Bobman