From Louis.Mast...@log-net.com
Subject Re: JSPWiki Pages Not Saving
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:55:59 GMT
Dave:

This is not the best response, but I just tried this on my 2.6.0 install
and it works OK.

Could there be a weird character in there that the email system truncated?

-Lou

<DKrause@mortgagebankers.org>
07/15/2008 12:45 PM
Please respond to
jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

<jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org>
cc

Subject
JSPWiki Pages Not Saving

My organization has been using JSPWiki for a couple years now and really
enjoy its ease of use and functionality.  However, I seem to have run into
an issue that I was able to even replicate in the JSPWiki.org Sandbox
environment.  For some reason, certain pages will not save within our
JSPWiki install.  The pages do not appear to have any special characters
nor do they leverage any plugins.  In fact, here is an example of a simple
bullet list that will not save:

//////////BEGINNING OF EXAMPLE//////
* Mark began the meeting by reading the IPR, reviewing the agenda, and
introducing the members on the call.
* Mark informed the group that the next MISMO Trimester meeting will be
Sept 15th - 18th in Scottsdale, AZ. Secondary WG activities would include
review of the V3 Secondary Loan Delivery Demonstration Example and V3
Reference Model. We would also leave time for any new business. Currently
the Secondary WG is scheduled to meet all day Tues. Group agreed that
would be fine.
* Mark gave an update on Version 3 progress. He said steady work on the V3
reconciliation efforts have continued even though participation is a
challenge for many MISMO representatives. Currently updating V3 Reference
Model from decisions made in the face-to-face interim. Preparing to meet
milestone two on the version 3 work plan. Resources have been tight but
still shooting for an end of year release for the V3 Reference Model.
* Next Secondary WG call is scheduled for July 2nd from 2-3pm ET.
//////////END OF EXAMPLE////////////

After having issues on my install (v2.4.7.1 of the JSPWiki Engine) I tried
your Sandbox.  I created a page (
http://sandbox.jspwiki.org/Wiki.jsp?page=RandomTestPage) and attempted to
paste in the text above.  The page will not save but rather just hang on
the Edit screen after hitting the Save button.  Note, I removed the last
bullets from the page and it saved fine.

Any insights are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

_____________________________________
Investing in communities
David Krause
Director, XML Architecture and Compliance
Mortgage Bankers Association
1331 L Street, NW
Washington, DC  20006-3404
Phone: (202) 557-2772