From "Christophe Dupriez" <christophe.dupr...@poisoncentre.be>
Subject RE: aliases?
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:46:15 GMT
Hi Bob!

I identified the same need and I implemented it extending the "get variable value" mechanism.
You can find the discussion and the source code here:
http://markmail.org/message/wkxsa4q26u4boydl#query:jspwiki%20alias%20variable%20dupriez+page:1+mid:tcxbxztuttbftc42+state:results

The idea was to define aliases in jspwiki.properties and to be able to "call" them within
a text with a relatively simple sequence:
[{$alias-name$}]

My thought now is that what I really need is a "page type" where there are commands added
before/after the Wiki page content, depending on page type.

For instance, in http://www.destin.be/DIRE
I have hundreds of "Cases" referring to thousands "Procédés", sorted by "Circonstances"
and "Operandes" and "Operations": pages of a same type ("Cases" for instance) are all needing
the same prefixes/postfixes like:

[{ReferringPagesPlugin include='Procédé*' before='!!' after='%n[{InsertPage section=2 page=%p}]%n----%n'}]

[{ReferringPagesPlugin title='!Cité par:%n' exclude='Main,LeftMenu,Procédé*'}]

I was thinking to use [{$CasesRef$}] in those pages to include those plugins calls. Now, I
would prefer to add a switching mechanism in PageActionsBottom.jsp (suggestion anyone? My
preference would be to base the choice of included plugins on the beginning of the page name).

For instance, in another application, in PageActionsBottom.jsp, I added just before "</wiki:PageExists>":

Any better mechanism that I overlooked ?

Christophe