From "Christophe Dupriez" <christophe.dupr...@poisoncentre.be>
Subject Re: Page types
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 08:12:05 GMT
Hi all!

Thanks a lot for the healthy discussion and advices: I will let you know what I will have
done finally (and practically!)

Thanks Murray for the reference to "Balisage" conference in Montreal:
http://www.balisage.net/At-A-Glance.html

To come back to the "tagging" concept, personnaly I see two different situations:
* the classification of documents (the document "type") which determine its lifecycle (workflow),
its access rules, its layout, etc.
  Each document having one class (type), possibly in a hierarchy of classes.
* the indexation of documents ("keywords") which indicates its topics, processing status,
linked places, epochs, people, organizations, etc.

I see more the tags has parts of the indexation system than the classification. But a discussion
on this may just turn like a discussion about typing versus untyping programming languages!!!

To support classification also implies:
1) the Page Renaming is bug less even with uppercase accented letters, spaces and special
characters: the page name embedding the class, it must be possible to change it without problems
even for dictionnaries with complex names
2) a solution is found for multilingualism (pages with different names in different languages
but grouped has "equivalent by translation": references would consider pages in a "translation
group" has being the same)

Thanks again and Keep on the Good Work!

Christophe Dupriez
Centre Antipoisons-Antigifcentrum
C/o Hôpital Central de la Base Reine Astrid
Rue Bruyn
1120 Bruxelles
Belgique
tel 32-(0)2.264.96.36