From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: Can't get EmailNotifier to work with jspwiki 2.6.3
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 19:41:45 GMT
Harry Metske wrote:
> "Thrown when an application tries to call an abstract method. Normally, this
> error is caught by the compiler; this error can only occur at run time if
> the definition of some class has incompatibly changed since the currently
> executing method was last compiled. "
>
> It looks like jspwiki and the plugin have been compiled separately and in
> between one of them was changed causing the AbstractMethodException.
> Either compile them both from source, or try to find a set that is
> compatible.
> Maybe Murray Altheim can help you with the Ceryle stuff ?

The EmailNotifier plugin is part of the CeryleWiki plugin package,
but it's one of those written and donated by John Volkar, and one
of the few I've never used or hardly even looked at, so I don't
any more about its internals than anyone else.

I would suggest contacting John, and if he's unable or unwilling
to fix it (we're all pretty busy) the code is available and I'm
more than happy to receive patches.

So while I may be considered a distributor of these donated plugins,
I only have so much time as a maintainer of those I don't myself
use. Open to offers...

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record