From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: favicon.png ==> favicon.ico
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:23:03 GMT
Well, I'm not a subject expert on this, Christophe and I did some
experiments off line last night with different browsers on both a
favicon.png and a favicon.ico.
And (correct me if I'm wrong Christophe) it appears that FF and Opera handle
them both well, but IE doesnt handle either of them.
Christophe used a graphical tool to create a 32x32 pixel favicon.ico, but
that didn't display either, I converted that one to a 16x16 pixel
favicon.ico and tried to test with an IE from the office, but that one is
very crippled and I'm not allowed to change anything.

So, if there is anyone with an IE that normally displays these icons
correctly in your browser's address bar, please can you test this URL to see
if it works : http://www.computerhok.nl/JSPWiki/

regards,
Harry

--