From "Ramya KGrama" <ramyakgr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSPWiki - Attachments - issue with IE browser
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:45:06 GMT
I am using 2.6.2
After looking through the source code, I may have an idea that might work -
please correct me if you think otherwise -
Make sure that the fileName that gets written into the attachment's
properties file is always a relativeName (irrespective of what kind of path
the browser returns).
To do this, I think in BasicAttachmentProvider.java there is a method
putPageProperties().
I would like to parse the value of att.getFileName() to remove any absolute
paths and make it relative name
just before it writes to the attachment's properties file: - as below:

    /**
     *  Writes the page properties back to the file system.
     *  Note that it WILL overwrite any previous properties.
     */
    private void putPageProperties( Attachment att, Properties properties )
        throws IOException,
               ProviderException
    {
        File attDir = findAttachmentDir( att );
        File propertyFile = new File( attDir, PROPERTY_FILE );

        OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream( propertyFile );

    String attRelativeName = att.getFileName();
    int slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf("\\");
    if (slash != -1)
        attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);

    slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf("/");
    if (slash != -1)
        attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);

    slash = attRelativeName.lastIndexOf(":");
    if (slash != -1)
        attRelativeName = attRelativeName.substring(slash + 1);
        properties.store( out,
                          " JSPWiki page properties for "+
                          attRelativeName+
                          ". DO NOT MODIFY!" );

/*        properties.store( out,
                          " JSPWiki page properties for "+
                          att.getName()+
                          ". DO NOT MODIFY!" );
*/
        out.close();
    }
Am I going in the right direction?
I am just hoping this change doesnt have any side effect.

Your immediate help is greatly appreciated! I have spent way too much time
on this already and havent made ANY progress.
Thanks!
Ramya

>>> http://chq006103:8888/JSPWiki/attach/JSPWiki%20Welcome/C%3A%