From sakari.aalto...@tkk.fi
Subject Re: Hyperlinks starting with file:
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 04:42:28 GMT
Quoting Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com>:

>> Sounds reasonable. However, in our case we have a number of
>> documents of various types - Word, Excel, TeX, PDF, PowerPoint,
>> etc. that we want publish to all users of the wiki. It seems very
>> complicated and error-prone to try to transform all these existing
>> documents into some JSPWiki format (by plugins?). Instead, it would
>>  be much easier, I think, to keep the documents as they are, and
>> just launch an appropriate program (in a separate window or tab)
>> when a user clicks on the name of a document, wanting to have a
>> closer look.
>

> Why can't you use attachments?

Ermm... I don't understand JSPWiki's concept of attachment. When I
attach a file to a page I edit, the resulting page does not show any
sign or indication of the file or even of the fact that something has,
in fact, been attached, which is what I expect. That is, something in
the style of email attachments, which result in clickable links on the
mail reader's page.

Sakari Aaltonen