From sakari.aalto...@tkk.fi
Subject Plugins vs. .doc/.xls/.ppt/.pdf/.avi/.mp3/.tex/...
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 11:27:59 GMT
I may be wrong, but my impression is that JSPWiki's plugins are meant
to be something like transformers - transform a spreadsheet, say, into
a Wiki page. But what if you don't need or want a transformation?

What I would like is a link to a file of a particular type such that
when clicked, the corresponding program (OpenOffice,Excel,...) is
launched. Or, if it is a PDF file, then Acroread is launched to show it.

Something like that is not a plugin, is it? How should the link be formatted?

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen