From sakari.aalto...@tkk.fi
Subject Getting Started
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 09:48:35 GMT
I'm trying to build my first wiki with JSPWiki 2.6.2. I wonder whether
anyone might want to clarify a few points.

1) The README that came with the .zip file says simply to put
JSPWiki.war into $CATALINA_HOME/webapps. However, the more detailed
explanation at

http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/InstallingJSPWikiStepByStep

says that you can put JSPWiki.war "anywhere, EXCEPT in the webapps
folder of your Tomcat home". Which is correct? Or better?

2) If I put JSPWiki.war into $CATALINA_HOME/webapps and access Install.jsp,
then an admin account seems to get created with user id {0} and
password {1}. What do the curly-brace expressions mean? I can't figure
them out.

3) If I do as

http://doc.jspwiki.org/2.4/wiki/InstallingJSPWikiStepByStep

says and put JSPWiki.war's contents somewhere else than
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps, then how do I tell Tomcat where to look for
the wiki? The document seems to presuppose there is a folder like

/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/conf/Catalina/localhost

where one is supposed to put a property file called something like
myfirstwiki.xml (where <myfirstwiki<> is the name of a wiki.) But my
Tomcat 6.0.16 does not have a directory like that:
sakari@gongli:~> ll $CATALINA_HOME/conf
total 92
-rw------- 1 sakari users  8568 2008-01-29 00:39 catalina.policy
-rw------- 1 sakari users  3665 2008-01-29 00:39 catalina.properties
-rw------- 1 sakari users  1396 2008-01-29 00:39 context.xml
-rw------- 1 sakari users  3664 2008-01-29 00:39 logging.properties
-rw------- 1 sakari users  6462 2008-01-29 00:39 server.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 sakari users    70 2008-05-14 11:16 tomcat-users.xml
-rw------- 1 sakari users 51226 2008-01-29 00:39 web.xml
sakari@gongli:~>

Thank you,
Sakari Aaltonen