From Murray Altheim <murra...@altheim.com>
Subject Re: groups or categories?
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:02:45 GMT
Bob Paige wrote:
> I am new to JSPWiki and am trying to setup a wiki for our development group.
>
> Having used TiddlyWiki extensively (http://www.tiddlywiki.com) I am used to
> tagging individual pages and referencing scripts in other pages to list
> pages of that type. I wonder if JSPWiki has anything like this?
>
> For example, I can imagine creating a page and tagging it with 'MainPage'. I
> would then invoke some script from the LeftMenu page that automatically
> lists all pages tagged with 'MainPage'. Thus, the left menu is dynamic (in
> addition to whatever static items I put there).

There's no native support for tagging in JSPWiki but there is a tag plugin
that is part of the CeryleWikiPlugins:

    Tag Plugin
    http://www.altheim.com/ceryle/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TagPlugin

This works either with or without the Assertion Framework I've been
working on -- if part of the Assertion Framework the tags are handled
as assertions of the form:

    [{Assert [PageName] HasTag [TagName] }]

There's also a TagCloudPlugin that works with the TagPlugin. There are
examples shown on the CeryleWiki:

     http://www.altheim.com/ceryle/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TagCloudPlugin

This works with JSPWiki version 2.6 and likely a few versions prior,
but there is no promises prior to 2.6. I will be updating it to work
with 2.7+/2.8+.

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record