From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Question
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:54:22 GMT
Yes, that's us, and I also think Rob Schramm runs JSPWiki on z/OS, but not
sure if it's in Tomcat or WebSphere.

Anyway, there is actually no difference between running tomcat on Unix or
z/OS, except the default codepage which is EBCDIC instead of ASCII.
I don't know how you have arranged it, but we have everything in ASCII in
the filesystem, except the shell scripts.
Now, the problem is that all standard Unix commands on z/OS assume
everything is EBCDIC, cat, vi , more and so on.
The general answer to that is filetagging, you can tag a file or a complete
filesystem with a codepage, and if you have set the environment variable
__BPXK_AUTOCVT=ON, this will cause all commands to treat these tagged files
as ASCII files.

If this is too cumbersome, you can always binary ftp it to your PC and look
at the file. Do a search for "<Connector"  and you should find the mentioned
ports.

regards,
Harry

--