From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: bundles and templates.default
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:54:05 GMT
>> The answer to the first issue could go either way, although I lean
>> against it. The default template allows users to change their
>> 'skin (CSS)', not the template. If you meant "allow users to
>> change their skin", then nothing about the default i18n location
>> will prevent skin-changing in any way.
> You're right, my fault. Forget it, I wrongly remembered that a user
> could also choose the template and not only the skin.

You're not entirely off - actually any page can set the template by
setting

[{SET jspwiki.templateDir='<templatename>'}].

This is an undocumented feature, but it's sometimes useful.  It is
also possible to set the template by adding "&skin=<templatename>" to
the end of the request manually.  For example, the "View source code"
from the More Menu works exactly this way.

Yes, I know.  It is a terribly confusing and wrong parameter name,
but it's very old code, before we had real skins.

/Janne