From Andrew Jaquith <andrew.jaqu...@mac.com>
Subject Re: bundles and templates.default
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:15:52 GMT
You are raising two different issues:
- whether users should be able to choose the template at run-time
- whether each template should be able to specify the location of its
i18n bundles

The answer to the first issue could go either way, although I lean
against it. The default template allows users to change their 'skin
(CSS)', not the template. If you meant "allow users to change their
skin", then nothing about the default i18n location will prevent skin-
changing in any way. So the setBundle issue is completely separate
from template-changing.

Absence or presence of setBundle tags in the default template doesn't
affect you using them in custom templates, so the second question is a
non-issue too. In other words, even if we specify the default location
in web.xml, you can still override it via your own setBundle tags.
This is, in fact, what 2.6 does now.

On Mar 6, 2008, at 3:09, "lgilardoni61@gmail.com" <lgilardoni61@gmail.com