From "Berg, Robert L" <robert.l.b...@boeing.com>
Subject A "HTTP Status 404 - Attachment"Main", version -1 does not exist
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 19:48:38 GMT

> I installed JSPWiki 2.4.102 and setup container managed security using
a MySql database(with the reccommended JDBC connector)  to store user
id's, roles(Admin, Auhenticated), and digested passwords. The
jspwiki.policy is used. I copied the application data files over from
the older version(2.4.102) and the Everthing seems to work well except
uploading attachments. When I attempt to upload an attachment on a
jspwiki page, I get a:

> "HTTP Status 404 - Attachment "Main", version -1 does not exist"
> message: Attachment 'Main', version -1 does not exist
> does not exist.) is not available Apache Tomcat/5.5.23
> jspwiki.properties contains:
> jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir =
> c:\\p\\web\\www-data\\jspwiki jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir =
> c:\\p\\web\\www-data\\jspwiki

The error occurs after I have browsed to the file I would like to have
attached to the page. I immediately get the error. "attach.ppt" shows
the "Add New Attachment" window in the IE browser just before I activate
the "Upload" button. The window shows one attachment that I recently
added manually by editing the wiki data to see if I could try to
workaround the upload issue. This "Hello World.ppt" attachment displays
when in double click on it. So the problem is getting the attachment
loaded. Once its loaded I can view it in the normal way.

I found no files in my C:/tmp/attach-tmp directory, nor in the expected
location in the data files.

The attachments contain my configuration files which are both tomcat and
wiki.

I have implemented the wiki to have container mangaged security, with
user names, roles, and passwords stored in a MySql database. The
passowrds are encrypted using the MD5 algorithm. We require that when
the wiki is invoked, the login page appears and nothing in the wiki can
be viewed until a valid login has occurred. We are using SSL/TLS (https)
to handle the login. All user id's, passwords, and roles are created by
myself manually and inserted into the MySql database. The current roles
we are using are: ADMIN and AUTHENTICATED. Everything is working great
except uploading attachments.

Anyone have a idea on how to fix the problem?