From "Harry Metske" <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User conversion
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 20:41:39 GMT
Well, it currently is almost nothing, it just takes a string as a parameter
and puts out the hashed value of this string.

But if there is a need for a more general "userdatabase conversion utility"
, I'd be happy to spend some time on it and share it.
We would then first have to state some requirements though, something like :

   - take a userdatabase.xml as input and create a "converted"
   userdatabase.new.xml as output
   - in the outputted file :
      - the password attribute of each user element should be hashed
      - the created and lastModified attribute of each user element
      should be converted from old to new format (somewhat more specific)
   - user elements that cannot be properly converted should be written to
   an "exception file"

Anyone of you any other requirements ?

I would also have to find out if there have been more changes in
userdatabase.xml during the last few years .......

regards,
Harry

--
met vriendelijke groet,