From Jason Yip <j...@westpac.com.au>
Subject Re: Problem with the plain editor on 2.6.1
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 05:24:05 GMT
I didn't even realise that was a feature... I thought it was some kind of
bug.

The location of the pop-up seems to obscure the typing a lot of the time.

Steve Dahl <dahl@goshawk.com>
25/02/2008 04:14 PM
Please respond to
jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org

jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Problem with the plain editor on 2.6.1

In both JSPWiki 2.6.0 and 2.6.1, I have users of our wiki who are
having problems with the plain page editor.

While editing in the plain editor, if you start a link using the [ ]
syntax, a list pops up showing all pages that match what you've typed
so far. For members of the Admin group, this looks like an
interesting feature. But for all other users of our wiki, a dialog
pops up saying something to the effect of "No permission to use this
AJAX method!".

It doesn't seem to matter which browser (so far tested on Firefox,
IE, and Safari). But it does matter whether the user is Admin or not.

This seems to only affect the plain editor. WikiWizard and FCK are
not causing problems for our users.

We're running JSPWiki in Tomcat 5.5, accessing it by way of Apache2
in order to use HTTPS.

While we'd like to have a fix for this problem, we'd also like to
know whether there's a way to turn off that pop up list altogether,
especially if turning it off is much easier than finding out why
we're having problems with it.

Thanks.

Please consider our environment before printing this email.

WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please
delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and attachments may be interfered with,
may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other
systems, you must be cautious. Westpac cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by Westpac, please contact us immediately.

It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or using attachments.
Westpac's liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

This email and its attachments are not intended to constitute any form of financial advice
or recommendation of, or an offer to buy or offer to sell, any security or other financial
product. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before
proceeding with any investment decision.

Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation, a company registered
in New South Wales in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Westpac is authorised
and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority and is registered
at Cardiff in the United Kingdom as Branch No. BR 106. Westpac operates in the United States
of America as a federally chartered branch, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of
the Currency.

Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.