From j..@sparnord.dk
Subject NTLM Authentication and User Preferences
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:38:56 GMT
Hi...

I have set up JSPWiki 2.6.1 using NTLM Authentication (
http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/NTLMAuthentication) on Tomcat 5.5 and using
JDK 1.4. Most of the functionality of JSPWiki seems to work, but I have a
problem with "User Preferences".

I would like user to e.g. be able to chose there favorite editor (plan,
wikiwizard or FCK), but when I save the preferences nothing happens. I get
the following in my log:

INFO SecurityLog SASWiki:/wiki/Wiki.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp -
WikiSecurityEvent.LOGIN_AUTHENTICATED
[source=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.auth.AuthenticationManager@5bf624,
princpal=jcifs.smb.NtlmPasswordAuthentication domain\xxxx,
target=com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession@1da87db]

WARN com.ecyrd.jspwiki.WikiSession SASWiki:/wiki/Wiki.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp - User profile 'domain\xxxx' not
found. This is normal for container-auth users who haven't set up a
profile yet.

INFO JSPWiki SASWiki:/wiki/UserPreferences.jsp
SASWiki:http://xxxx:8080/wiki/UserPreferences.jsp - Redirecting user to
http://xxxx:8080/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Main

It should be noted, that I get a user name on the form "domain/user-name"
when using NTLM authentication. I don't know if this can be the source of
the problem.

I have tried to manually add users to userdatabase.xml, but this doesn't
seem to resolve the problem.

A workaround would could be to added an editor chooser drop down to the
page editor, but I am not sure how to do that.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Jens B. Christiansen