From Alex Samad <a...@samad.com.au>
Subject Re: JSPWiki reverse proxy
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:06:06 GMT
On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 05:03:22PM +0100, Breivik Karsten wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Does anyone have a working config of a reverse proxy configuration of the latest 2.6
release?
any reason not to use mod_jk ?

> Specificly Apache mod_proxy/mod_proxyhtml or mod_rewrite. The settings on the wiki does
not seem to do the trick...

> Also, is there something to be said on WEB-INF/jspwiki.properties, specifically jspwiki.applicationName,
jspwiki.baseURL and jspwiki.referenceStyle?

> My setup is a host running in the DMZ. The host runs both the Tomcat 5.5 (running on
port 8090) running JSPWiki and Apache 2.2 on Debian. JSPWiki used to run on a different host
in the same subnet, and then the following config worked just fine with the following config.

> ProxyPass /wiki/  http://192.168.52.2:8080/JSPWiki/
> ProxyHTMLURLMap http://192.168.52.2:8080 /wiki
>

> # JSP Wiki
> <Location /wiki/>
>         ProxyPassReverse /
>         SetOutputFilter proxy-html
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap /       /wiki/
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap /wiki   /wiki
>         RequestHeader   unset   Accept-Encoding
> </Location>
>
> ...but now it is running on the same host and I cannot make it work. I can reach the
JSPWiki fine when I access it directly on the IP address, but not when using the domain name
using this config.

> ProxyPass /wiki/  http://localhost:8090/JSPWiki/
> ProxyHTMLURLMap http://localhost:8090 /wiki
>

> # JSP Wiki
> <Location /wiki/>
>         ProxyPassReverse /
>         SetOutputFilter proxy-html
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap /       /wiki/
>         ProxyHTMLURLMap /wiki   /wiki
>         RequestHeader   unset   Accept-Encoding
> </Location>
>

> Any ideas?
>
> - karsten
>

> Vennlig hilsen/Best regards
> Karsten Breivik
> Sjefkonsulent
> EDB Business Partner - Automatisering
> Tlf/Phone: +47 97976251
> mailto: karsten.breivik@edb.com
> www.edb.com <file:///\\www.edb.com>
> EDB - når IT er forretningskritisk
> _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

> Denne meldingen er bare ment for mottakeren, og kan inneholde fortrolige opplysninger
eller annen privat informasjon. Hvis du mottar denne ved en feil, vær vennlig å varsle avsender
og slette originalen.
> This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged or otherwise
private information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
delete the message.

--
"I was looking for a book to read and Laura said you ought to try Camus.  I also read three
Shakespeares."

	- George W. Bush
08/29/2006
New Orleans, LA
trying to change his image in an interview on NBC