From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Trying to create a wiki page :-)
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:38:14 GMT
> I am suggesting that "/<space>" be allowed within page names (which
> would satisfy my customer and your) BUT this will probably seen as
> a "kludge".

Yes.  Definitely.

In 3.0, it's our intent to allow full subpages, so no space kludges,
please.

> The position "punctuation is a nest of security holes" is not
> sustainable in front of users needs: chemical names are filled with
> punctuation but they are names so they must be allowed as a Wiki
> page name.

The question is - for how many people it is a security hole and how
many people need chemical names?  I mean, it's pretty trivial for you
to go and compile your own version with your own
MarkupParser.PUNCTUATION_CHARS_ALLOWED.

Also, we'd like to store some punctuation chars for further possible
use.  Just in case we want to extend the markup...

/Janne