From "Christophe Dupriez" <christophe.dupr...@poisoncentre.be>
Subject JSPWiki: Problem with PDF plugin and images
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:58:04 GMT
Hi Pål!

I have solved my problem with images (special characters remain to be solved)...

We use here the NTLM authentication. In web.xml, the setting obliges every files to be accessed
by an authenticated user. The image retrieval within the PDF generation in the server cannot
be authenticated.

For now, I modified the web.xml to request authentication for .jsp and .pdf files only...

Have a nice day!

Christophe

-----Original Message-----
From: Pål Brattberg [mailto:brattberg@gmail.com]
Sent: mardi 22 janvier 2008 9:43
To: christophe.dupriez@poisoncentre.be
Cc: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org; elisabeth.goossens@poisoncentre.be
Subject: Re: Problem with PDF plugin and images

Though I do not currently use the plugin actively, I know of several
users that have the plugin up and running with images without
problems.

As for language support, you may want to make sure the font used for
PDF-generation has all the characters you are using as a first start.

I you wish to dig deeper in the source code, feel free to do so at
http://code.google.com/p/jspwiki2pdf/

Also note that I'm not on the jspwiki-user list so if you want me to
see your replies, please CC me.

Regards,
Pål

On Jan 22, 2008 9:04 AM, Christophe Dupriez
<christophe.dupriez@poisoncentre.be> wrote:
> Hi Jason!
>
> I also have this problem under Tomcat 5.5 and JspWiki 2.4. I was thinking to upgrade
to 2.6 before more investigation on this topic. It seems it is not the solution!!!

> My problems with PDF:
> * no images
> * quotes (used for elision in French) become "?"
> * à becomes "?"
>
> This is a real problem because our users (MDs) have to send PDFs to hospitals to explain
how to cure a given intoxication (The Wiki is their "knowledge base"). A text without graphics
is often unusable.

> If the PDF library is supposed to support this and if it is only a question of interfacing,
then I may investigate deeper and try to solve the problem. Anybody can confirm / infirm this
?

> Have a nice day!
>
> Christophe Dupriez

delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and attachments may be interfered with,
may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other
systems, you must be cautious. Westpac cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by Westpac, please contact us immediately.

> It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or using attachments.
Westpac's liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

> This email and its attachments are not intended to constitute any form of financial advice
or recommendation of, or an offer to buy or offer to sell, any security or other financial
product. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before
proceeding with any investment decision.

> Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation, a company registered
in New South Wales in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Westpac is authorised
and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority and is registered
at Cardiff in the United Kingdom as Branch No. BR 106. Westpac operates in the United States
of America as a federally chartered branch, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of
the Currency.

--

/ Pål Brattberg

JSP