From "Christophe Dupriez" <christophe.dupr...@poisoncentre.be>
Subject RE: Problem with PDF plugin and images
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:04:05 GMT
Hi Jason!

I also have this problem under Tomcat 5.5 and JspWiki 2.4. I was thinking to upgrade to 2.6
before more investigation on this topic. It seems it is not the solution!!!

My problems with PDF:
* no images
* quotes (used for elision in French) become "?"
* à becomes "?"

This is a real problem because our users (MDs) have to send PDFs to hospitals to explain how
to cure a given intoxication (The Wiki is their "knowledge base"). A text without graphics
is often unusable.

If the PDF library is supposed to support this and if it is only a question of interfacing,
then I may investigate deeper and try to solve the problem. Anybody can confirm / infirm this
?

Have a nice day!

Christophe Dupriez

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Yip [mailto:jyip@westpac.com.au]
Sent: mardi 22 janvier 2008 2:02
To: jspwiki-user@incubator.apache.org
Cc: brattberg@gmail.com
Subject: Problem with PDF plugin and images

I'm using the PDF plugin found here: http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/PDFPlugin

Discovered that it didn't support jspwiki.breakTitleWithSpaces so I
switched that to false but images still aren't appearing.  From the
discussion pages, it looks like there might have been an issue with
absolute vs relative paths but that didn't work for me nor do I see any
log entries that indicate that it's a file not found issue.

Anyone have the PDF plugin working with images on JSPWiki 2.6 and Tomcat
6?

Please consider our environment before printing this email.

WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please
delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and attachments may be interfered with,
may contain computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other
systems, you must be cautious. Westpac cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by Westpac, please contact us immediately.

It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or using attachments.
Westpac's liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.

This email and its attachments are not intended to constitute any form of financial advice
or recommendation of, or an offer to buy or offer to sell, any security or other financial
product. We recommend that you seek your own independent legal or financial advice before
proceeding with any investment decision.

Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation, a company registered
in New South Wales in Australia under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). Westpac is authorised
and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Services Authority and is registered
at Cardiff in the United Kingdom as Branch No. BR 106. Westpac operates in the United States
of America as a federally chartered branch, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of
the Currency.

Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.
.