From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Access to mailing list... (was Re: POLL: JDK 1.5)
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:28:44 GMT
And for the record, the purpose of moderation is to keep spam from
showing up on the lists. It's not to restrict messages from specific
users. As a moderator, if I see a message that appears to be relevant
to the group, I'll allow it regardless of what email address it comes
from. I might look closer at a message that comes from a suspicious
address (like only allow that one message) but I'm certainly not
filtering messages to keep email addresses private.

Craig

On Jan 14, 2008, at 12:22 AM, Janne Jalkanen wrote:

>> Actually, most email Apache email lists are moderated, and emails
>> from
>> non-subscribed users do not go through to the list unless the
>> moderator
>> approves it. There is just too much spam around to allow non-
>> subscribed
>> posts. I'm surprised to hear that jspwiki lists do not have
>> moderation
>> configured.
>
> Yes, they are, but as a moderator I personally don't remember all
> the correct email addresses of all the people who have subscribed
> to the mailing lists.  I doubt anyone does.
>
> /Janne

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!