From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Loading all pages during JspWiki start
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:26:08 GMT
> We are using JspWiki quite a lot in our development, and met one
> problem:
> Then JspWiki starts - it loads all pages...
> This happens in WikiEngine.initReferenceManager - it loads all
> pages from
> provider - and move them into reference Manager.

This is not exactly true.  ReferenceManager actually caches the
references using refmgr.ser.  So the *first* startup is slow, after
that it uses the cached data.

It is an unfortunate side effect of ACL loading - whenever the page
is hit in the beginning, we load the page and parse the ACLs.  They
should really be cached by DefaultAclManager.

> Are any way or plans to avoid this loading - or make it configurable?

There is no way to avoid this loading.   We intend to change this in
3.0, where ACLs should become proper metadata of the page instead of
being a part of the page content.

/Janne