From Ethan Larson <et...@ethanlarson.net>
Subject Re: Embedding JSPWiki 2.6
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:21:46 GMT
Ok, I created a dummy page provider and a dummy authorizer and I got a
lot farther. I don't even need a MemoryPageProvider since I all I need
is the output (thanks just the same Florian - it was instructive).  I
actually got translated output.  The problem is that I had to modify the
source code to do it.  I had to comment out line 532 of WikiEngine:

//m_authorizationManager.initialize( this, props );

As near as I can tell, there's no way to create an authorization manager
that doesn't involve a jspwiki.policy under WEB-INF.  However, since I'm
running it as a standalone app, I don't have a web container and
therefore no WEB-INF.  I could create this under the working directory,
but I really don't want to put blank, unused metadata in my app.  Is
there any way to configure this such that I can start the authorization
manager without a jspwiki.policy?

On a broader note, I'd be over the moon if this were an easier process.
JSPWiki seems to be the most actively developed and feature-rich Java
wiki there is, and has support for plugins and filters which I will
eventually need.  If there were an easy way to run the wiki translation,
complete with plugins and filters, that didn't involve a web container
and any extra memory/disk usage, it could broaden the usage quite a
bit.  I've looked at other java wiki translators out there, and none of
them are doing a good job of the features/active development/ease of
standalone combo (Radeox, Bliki, VQWiki to name a few).  Other
forum/mailing list posts confirm there is a demand.

Thanks for all your help,
Ethan

P.S. -- Here's my current code for anyone reading this in the future:

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty(PageManager.PROP_PAGEPROVIDER,
MyPageProvider.class.getName());
props.setProperty(AuthorizationManager.PROP_AUTHORIZER,
MyAuthorizer.class.getName());

WikiEngine engine = new WikiEngine(props);

WikiContext context = new WikiContext(engine, new WikiPage(engine, "test"));

System.out.println("output: \n" + engine.textToHTML(context, "this is a
test\n\n* more stuff"));

MyPageProvider and MyAuthorizer are both empty implentations of the
interfaces.  Just return an empty List for MyPageProvider.getAllPages.