From Janne Jalkanen <janne.jalka...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: EmoticonsFilter in 2.6.0
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 16:10:53 GMT
> This seems like a pretty important change (that filters no longer work),
> yet this is the first I've heard of it.  I make extensive use of
> filters, and that means that I'll have to wait a bit longer before I
> really scrub through 2.6.0.  (Hope there aren't any more surprises like
> this.)

This modification was made nine months ago.

2007-03-18  Janne Jalkanen  <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com>

        * 2.5.30

        * Fixed BugReferenceToRenamedPageNotCleared

        * Fixed BugTableHeaderNotXHMTLCompliant

        * Fixed BugInitializablePluginNotInitialized

        * API Change: The signature of PageFilter.initialize() now
        also includes the WikiEngine.  This was necessary, because otherwise
        the initialize() -method was essentially useless for most use
        cases.

Sorry for not being louder about it, but yeah, it's been there and
visible for everyone since last March.

Also, JSPWiki 2.5.x has been in beta since last July (that is 6
months).  This is exactly the kind of stuff I would like people to
catch when I say "it's out in beta, please test".  There have been
LOADS of changes under the hood, and we just can't remember to type up
everything.  Anyone trying out their old filters on any of the betas
would have caught this, muttered about it, and we would've remembered
to put it on the WhatsNewIn2.6 list.

It's there now.

/Janne