From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: www.jspwiki.org not responding
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 13:32:24 GMT

I took a look at cband already, but these solve the wrong problem,
and would actually be harmful!  They are really meant for the case
where you want to make sure you're not moving too many bits (e.g.
when you are paying for bandwidth).  Limiting the bandwidth would
just mean that *more* connections would be in-flight, since the guy
will just start more connections when the bandwidth is low!  That's
how download accelerators work...  So limitipconn is really the best
option.

/Janne

On 23 Dec 2007, at 15:13, Harry Metske wrote:

> Maybe you can have a look at mod_bw or mod_cband, both are
> available for
> Apache 2.x and offer bandwith throttling capabilities.
>
> regards,
> Harry
>
> 2007/12/23, Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalkanen@ecyrd.com>:
>>

>> Most of these, unfortunately, are only available for Apache 1.3 as
>> packages, so I would need to compile by hand.  I'll have to do it
>> later, thanks!
>>
>> /Janne
>>
>> On 23 Dec 2007, at 01:22, Vlado Peshov wrote:

>>> First thing from google:
>>>
>>> http://dominia.org/djao/limitipconn2.html
>>>
>>> I don't know for sure if this module is implemented in the standard
>>> apache
>>> installation.
>>> Other useful modules for Apache:
>>>
>>> mod_throttle