From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject two unused variables reported by Sonar
Date Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:49:52 GMT
Folks, Sonar is complaining[1] about two variables that are assigned but
never being read within JSPWiki:

gmazza@gmazza-E527:/media/work1/opensource/jspwiki$ grep
"m_useRelativeURLStyle" .

./jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/url/DefaultURLConstructor.java:
protected boolean          m_useRelativeURLStyle = true;
./jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/url/DefaultURLConstructor.java:
m_useRelativeURLStyle = "relative".equals( properties.getProperty(
WikiEngine.PROP_REFSTYLE,

gmazza@gmazza-E527:/media/work1/opensource/jspwiki$ grep "m_enablePlugins" .

./jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/render/WikiRenderer.java:
protected boolean         m_enablePlugins = true;
./jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/render/WikiRenderer.java:
m_enablePlugins = toggle;

Anybody know if these have an external purpose?  One file,
./jspwiki-war/src/main/config/doc/APIChangesFrom2.4.html, mentions that
m_enablePlugins was deleted from JSPWiki 2.4 (in class
com.ecyrd.jspwiki.TranslatorReader).  I have no problem deleting these
two variables and putting them back in later if we determine a use for them.

Regards,
Glen

[1]
https://analysis.apache.org/drilldown/issues/org.apache.jspwiki:jspwiki-builder?severity=INFO