From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Latest update notes...
Date Wed, 03 Jul 2013 15:54:27 GMT
Hi Team, some notes:

1.) I updated to JDOM2 (the older JDOM branch was retired) -- the tests
are now all passing (except integration tests, see last comment).  The
earlier problem I had brought up was solved via an override to one of
JDOMs classes:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/render/CustomXMLOutputProcessor.java?view=markup

Otherwise, mainly a bunch of org.jdom -> org.jdom2 package renaming.

2.) I updated from JUnit 3.8.2 to the latest JUnit 4.11, with that
version we now have the ability to test single test methods within a
test case:

mvn test -Dtest=JSPWikiMarkupParserTest#testHeadingHyperlinks3 (just
that single test)
or
mvn test -Dtest=JSPWikiMarkupParserTest (all tests in that class)

I add notes about this to
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/mvn_cheat-sheet.txt?view=markup
Also, I added links in the above cheat sheet on how to debug/trace test
cases in Eclipse and IDEA -- it's pretty simple to do.

3.) I moved the src/main/filters/filters.txt to
src/test/filters/filters.txt as up to now all filtering was being done
on test resources.

However, maybe (?) resource filtering is being done in the main branch
for the integration tests?  JP -- is line #66 below necessary?
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/jspwiki-it-tests/pom.xml?revision=1487137&view=markup#l64

4.) For me, the integration tests are failing left and right (even
before this change), I don't know if it's something I did in a recent
commit (prior to the change to JDOM2, same errors were occurring for
me), or if it's just my machine.  I'll look into this next but if JP or
someone else can immediately spot (or at least confirm) the error it
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glen