From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing updates to language files...
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:31:33 GMT
I'll go ahead and tweet for help--it's easier to get it when you have
just a few translation sentences missing than waiting until it becomes a
major undertaking. Besides, it might introduce some new people to our
project.

We may wish to pull out Finnish, as Janne is inactive and Finns are so
rare, but who knows, maybe a good tweet or two can lure a translator
in.  Problem is with Finnish, the language is so distant from anything
else that if we get a practical jokester giving us bogus translations we
might not be able to detect it--although maybe Google Translate can
catch any severe mistranslations.  I'd like us to just stick with major
languages that have a large pool of people available to translate for
us, and minor languages only when we have a current committer willing to
maintain it for us.

The folder structure you're describing i18n with submodules underneath
it sounds good, but again, I really dislike having that separate -en
translation which is just a copy of the default translation module, and
hope you have the time sometime to construct JSPWiki so it is no longer
necessary.  Maybe I can figure it out...

Thanks,
Glen