From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trunk going multimodule?
Date Mon, 27 May 2013 02:00:03 GMT
On 05/26/2013 03:34 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:

> - current trunk will be moved to JSPWIKI_2_9_2_BRANCH

Sounds good.

> - checkstyle & codestyle files should probably be moved to another folder
> (?)

I was using config/dev to refer to internal team project files external
users don't wish to be concerned with.  (I also placed OldChangeLog and
wanted to put the .rdf file there too.)  If you prefer, as an
alternative, CXF uses a non-Mavenized /etc folder:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/etc/ allowing you to separate out
Eclipse and IDEA code configuration files and other internal team
files.  It's just the maven-eclipse-plugin in the base pom.xml will need
to be updated to refer to the new file locations.  (Also, as mentioned
earlier, we may wish to add a distribution file:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/ to hold
all the license stuff, but CXF is much much larger than JSPWiki, so
what's appropriate for CXF may be overkill for us.)

> - some autogenerated files still appear on ./jspwiki-war: rss.rdf and
> tests/build/webtests (also happens at current trunk)

I didn't realize rss.rdf was autogenerated.  Nothing should be appearing
in the "tests" folder on the new 2.9.2 branch (unless it's the
keysigning stuff which I haven't looked into), I nuked that folder and
saw to it that everything would go under target instead: target/ant-dist
and target/ant-webtests.

> - UTF-8 conf should be added to tomcat7 plugin (again, ?)
>
> is it OK to move trunk to JSPWIKI_2_9_2_BRANCH and MVN3_BRANCH to trunk?
> I'll wait a couple of hours before performing the change

Sounds good, and your multimodule work looks *very* nice and clean from
what I've seen so far--and you created a very helpful mvn_cheat-sheet:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/mvn_cheat-sheet.txt?view=markup.
Please let us know what's left before we can do the joyous deletion of
the build.xml file.  I'm so happy we've Mavenized--this will make our
project look more modern externally as well as provide more beneficial
growth for those volunteering time on it.

Regards,
Glen