From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database support
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 21:31:51 GMT
Those pages are painfully old, the Apache JSPWiki team does not control
that site (yet), and much of the information is misleading to users.
For *user* management, I know JSPWiki has SQL scripts for PostgresQL and
for HSQLDB right now:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/src/main/config/db/, Providing
you can create similarly named tables in an Oracle or MySQL database,
user authentication should work fine.

But as for now, the wiki pages themselves, your best bet with JSPWiki is
to use its standard file-based system for saving pages.

Hibernate is an internal matter to JSPWiki (it's one method of accessing
a database), it wouldn't matter to an external user whether or not we
use it (unless you plan on coding and extending JSPWiki perhaps).  The
user's lone concern should be whether particular databases are
supported, not whether JDBC or MyBatis or Hibernate is used to access
it.  As far as I know, we don't use it.

Glen

On 05/23/2013 05:16 PM, Beebe, Mary J wrote:
> Does JSPWiki work well with mySQL and Oracle?  I noticed these site: http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/MySQL.
 I cannot see which of the three options to use.  I am not sure if any of them are supported
well within the community.  I also saw  http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/Oracle.