From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject removing Eclipse metrics plugin from SVN?
Date Thu, 23 May 2013 11:44:24 GMT
Hi all, is anybody still using the
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/jspwiki/trunk/.externalToolBuilders/)
the Eclipse metrics plugin (http://sourceforge.net/projects/metrics/),
Harry placed it in about 15 months ago.  It tells us things like how
many lines of code per method and how many methods in a class.  It
hasn't been updated since 2005
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/metrics/files/?source=navbar) but
reader comments appear to indicate it still works.

I'd like to remove it from our SVN because I doubt many are using it and
because it's Eclipse-specific and hence can't be a required part of our
build.  (I use JEdit now for JSPWiki, as Eclipse is overkill for me, and
many devs are now on IDEA.) Eclipse devs can still run the tool if they
wish, it just won't be configured OOTB on an svn checkout anymore.  I
think CXF defines, besides checkstyle, another tool in its Maven script
called PMD which provides more rigorous checking if we'd like to
incorporate that into our build in an IDE-independent manner.

Regards,
Glen