From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are there space for a new contributor?
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 03:07:24 GMT
Hi Caio, you're almost about two weeks too early to start
contributing--MVN3_BRANCH will hopefully be gone in a few weeks at the
latest, as it will be merged into the trunk.  We're still technically on
Ant at least for the next couple of weeks while ferociously Mavenizing.
If you'd like to help out the next few weeks, the best way would be to
look at the JIRA issue tracker and look at bugs that can be fixed, and
supply patches to trunk--this would be micro-level coding independent of
whether we're on Ant or Maven.  Further, for most JIRA bugs, you can
"mvn clean install [-Dmaven.test.skip]" right now on trunk to get a WAR
without even needing to use Ant.

Happy to see you volunteering help--in my view, JSPWiki is one of the
better projects to volunteer time on as it's all standard Java stuff
highly applicable for many real-life work projects.  Apache can never
formally guarantee committership, but with enough quality patches and
sustained contributions it would be highly likely you'd get voted in as
a committer and have direct write access.

Regards,
Glen