From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing some build files in the JSPWiki home directory...
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 15:04:11 GMT
Like I said, I'm not sure that 4 "\"'s advice is still correct today
(that advice might be 10 years old and JDK's, Ant, and maybe even
Windows itself has strengthened since then).  I don't recall ever
needing to do that back when I was using Ant on Windows, however I do
recall using ${file.separator} for portability--I just don't have a
Windows box to test right now.  If we have any Windows developers using
"ant clean war" (which uses build.properties and not
build.properties.win) we *know* build.properties will work for them
OOTB.  But, sure, certainly, I have no problem moving that advice over
(and any Windows-specific values, but there isn't too much different
there) with a temporary caveat it may not be relevant for them today.

Thanks,
Glen