From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing some build files in the JSPWiki home directory...
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 03:18:44 GMT
Team, I'd like to get rid of build.bat, build.sh, and
build.properties.win all in the home folder -- to build the app, just
type "ant" or "mvn".  (Also install.sh, which, referencing Tomcat 3.x,
is apparently useless today.)  But, first a question on
build.properties.win -- do we really need it?  I don't have Windows so I
can't confirm its claim that build.properties won't work with it, quote
in build.properties.win:

#  Java and Windows do not mix too well, so you will have to put
#  four \'s for every \ in the path...
#
@appname@=JSPWiki
@pagedir@=C:\\\\temp\\\\wikipages
@logfile@=C:\\\\temp\\\\jspwiki.log
@securitylog@=C:\\\\temp\\\\security.log
@spamlog@=C:\\\\temp\\\\spamlog.log

Does anyone use Windows for building JSPWiki and can confirm
build.properties won't work with it?  I know Ant has a
"${/file/./separator/}"[1] that can be used if necessary to have
something portable to both *nix and Windows (and I've never heard of the
need for O.S.-specific file separators when using Maven) -- getting rid
of the need for two separate build.properties files (if, indeed, there
is such a need), will help with Mavenization.

Regards,
Glen

[1] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Types/mapper.html