From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject User Preferences page not working in Mavenized WAR
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:27:10 GMT
Hi Team, I'll look more into it (hopefully someone else might quickly
see the error though), but the User Preferences page ("My Prefs" in
upper-right corner) works with the Ant WAR but not the Maven WAR.  The
app returns this error with the latter:

"JSPWiki has detected an error

Error Message
     in is null
Exception
     java.lang.NullPointerException
Place where detected
     java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.(), line 100 "

I'm not getting any additional logging messages from either the JSPWiki
log or the Tomcat catalina.out log file.  I don't think this page ever
worked with the Mavenized version, this was just the first time I
noticed it.  I've done a "diff -r" on the expanded Ant and Maven JSPWiki
WARs (as well as the underlying JSPWiki JAR), there are very few
differences reported:

1.) Some minor naming differences with very few of the JARs -- Maven has
a few more JARs than the Ant version, and the same JAR can have a
different names in some cases between the two WARs, I'll standardize
more where I can on the JARs next.

2.) The compressed JavaScript and CSS files are different (hard to say
how much) -- the YUICompressor tool version we're using for that is
newer in Maven and maybe the new compression is causing problems with
the JSP rendering.

Another possible issue is that I'm missing some security or
user-specific configuration in the Maven WAR (which could be why the
other pages are rendering but not this user-specific one.)

Regards,
Glen