From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:54:33 GMT
Hi Team, I'd like to start moving some files into the Maven Standard
Directory layout (JSPWiki-768 and JSPWiki-771), tentatively using this
structure Juan Pablo mentioned in JSPWiki-770:

       + pom.xml                     -->new  parent pom
       + jspwiki-war
           + pom.xml                 --> current $SVN/trunk/pom.xml
           + src, test, etc          --> current $SVN/trunk/src, tests, etc
       + jspwiki-selenium
           + pom.xml
           + it-tests-modules
           + jspwiki-vanilla-selenium-war
           + jspwiki-db-selenium-war
           + etc

I'll/We'll always update the build.xml with any change to the folder
structure, such that every check-in will guarantee that the project will
build with the still-authoritative build.xml.  This is a step-by-step
process that anybody can work on--move non-Maven located file(s) to its
Maven position, and update the build.xml and pom.xml to be able to work
with the file's new location (and not check in until/unless the
build.xml/pom.xml work with the change).

I'm mainly interested in the jspwiki-war right now, moving:
our JUnit tests to src->main->test
our Source code to src->main->java
our class-level resource files that don't presently require manipulation
(variable value changing in build.xml) to src->main->resources
configuration files that are not part of the final build to
src->main->config
our web resources that don't presently require manipulation (variable
value changing) to src->main->webapp

Some resources that can't be used as-is (i.e., are being manipulated
and/or constructed in the build.xml) will remain in the root folder (and
referenced by the pom.xml as they presently are) until they can be
Mavenized.  As the variable replacing process is different between Maven
and Ant, some property files may need to be temporarily duplicated--a
build.xml version in root and a pom.xml version in jspwiki-war (or
jspwiki-selenium), with the build.xml version being deleted once we're
completely on Maven.  Also, I think we're going to temporarily need
separate Ant and Maven Selenium webtest locations for reasons I
mentioned in JSPWIKI-770.

WDYT?

Regards,
Glen