From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting closer with Maven build...
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 19:07:35 GMT
Which "problem", that of Jaxen bringing in a dozen or so
sub-dependencies or the fact that the Maven WAR wasn't working properly
OOTB as I had mentioned below?  I had assumed you were talking about the
former problem, which of course would be solved by making the dependency
exclusions you mentioned, but if you meant the latter, awesome!

Glen

On 04/04/2013 02:48 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi Glen,
>
> was able to test, the problem went away when excluding the transitive
> dependencies from jaxen. Haven't committed that change yet b/c still need
> to do some tests (have some issues with encoding, most probably unrelated
> to this issue, but I'd better check), so feel free to do it if you want
>
> br,
> juan pablo
>
> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <
> juanpablo.santos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Glen,
>>
>> the precompile JSPs option is available through the *-tomcat targets (line
>> 1124 onwards) on build.xml, and are meant to enable running the webapp with
>> only a JRE, instead of a JDK. They're not part of the main build, so it
>> doesn't seem related to me.
>>
>> The org.gjt.xpp seems odd to me though, where does it comes from (maybe
>> the xerces jars)? Can you try specifying the jaxen dependency as:
>>
>>          <dependency>
>>              <groupId>jaxen</groupId>
>>              <artifactId>jaxen</artifactId>
>>              <version>1.1-beta-6</version>
>>              <exclusions>
>>                <exclusion>
>>                  <groupId>*</groupId>
>>                  <artifactId>*</artifactId>
>>                </exclusion>
>>              </exclusions>
>>          </dependency>
>>
>> to see if it helps? Right now I'm not on my pc so I'm unable to try it
>>
>> HTH,
>> juan pablo
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM, Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks, "mvn clean install" and "ant war" will now create nearly
>>> identical WARs (differing only in the WEB-INF/lib folder) -- but ATM only
>>> the latter still works. I think it's something related to the precompiled
>>> JSPs (which the Maven WAR doesn't rely on presently, but I'm not sure where
>>> they are in the Ant WAR, so???)  When running the Mavenized version,  the
>>> JSPWiki log files are reporting:
>>>
>>> 2013-04-02 17:29:51,149 [http-bio-8080-exec-6] WARN org.apache.wiki.tags.
>>> **WikiTagBase JSPWiki:/JSPWiki/ JSPWiki:http://localhost:8080/**JSPWiki/<http://localhost:8080/JSPWiki/>-
Including failed, got a servlet exception from sub-page. Rethrowing the